Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

 
1.      I had an argument with my friend about what restaurant we should dine in. Both of us felt like we had the choice to pick the restaurant and we both had different places in mind. I would classify this as a Level 3 disagreement in Kaufer’s scale because her idea of a great restaurant is Hobbit Hoagies or Sumo Sabi, whereas I rather go to a restaurant like TGIFridays or O’Saka. My roommate is a brat and tends to get mad over the smallest events if they don’t go her way. This is a conflict because I’m a headstrong person and don’t hide how I feel so most of the time we argue.


2.      On this page (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/ff-bullets-gun-violence/), I found this quote, “Guns don’t kill people; people don’t kill people; bullets kill people” to be a great example of Jones’ view on negative connation that associates with an argument. Automatically when I hear the word gun, I think of negativity. With all the gun violence in the world today this article wanted to stir up even more controversy about guns.  This statement was written in attempt to showcase how bullets kill people instead of guns and according to Jones’ article this a stimulation to start many more arguments.

 

3.      This article is clear cut and the opening line tells you exactly what the article is going to be about. Peralstein does a great job showcasing how “bullets kill people”. She sticks to The Usage Rule and understands her audience and their level of understanding by including pictures to depict the topic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment